Prep time: 2-5 minutes
Cook time: 2-5 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Hey there foodie, happy crêpes suzettes day (unless it’s not that day when you look at this recipe haha)! Here’s a classic recipe for our buttery crêpes except we made it a bit different. We made it maple syrup! Let us know what you think. Here it is:
- 4 bakerly all butter crêpes
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter softened + more for buttering
- 1/4 cup of sugar and more to sprinkle
- 1 tbsp of finely grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup of fresh orange juice
- Maple syrup quantity varies depending on your taste
- First off, preheat your broiler at 350F and start by mixing the softened butter, orange zest and (gradually) the fresh orange juice in a mini blender.
- Then butter a large baking sheet and sprinkle it lightly with the extra sugar you set aside. Place two teaspoons of the above mix in the center of each crêpe then fold in half and in half again so the end results makes a triangle. Place them on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar so it caramelizes once in the broiler.
- Once they have reached a nice caramelized look, transfer them to a heat proof platter. Take the maple syrup and spill it over the crêpes.
- The last step is of course to enjoooy!