Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar white
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate spread
- Cut the crust off the brioche, then cut each piece into 9 equal cubes.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt into a bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan.
- Add half of the brioche cubes in the eggs mixture, shake off any excess and place in pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to "sauté" them until browned on all sides - about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the brioche cubes from the frying pan into the sugar mixture. Toss to coat, then remove onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining brioche cubes. Serve immediately, with chocolate spread or maple syrup.