Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4 people
When something is either really cool or tastes really good, someone makes miniature versions! That's what we did with this recipe for brioche bread French toast bites. Make some in the morning and your family can snack for the rest of the day! If they last that long...
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar white
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate spread
- Cut the crust off the brioche, then cut each piece into 9 equal cubes.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt into a bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan.
- Add half of the brioche cubes in the eggs mixture, shake off any excess and place in pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to "sauté" them until browned on all sides - about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the brioche cubes from the frying pan into the sugar mixture. Toss to coat, then remove onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining brioche cubes. Serve immediately, with chocolate spread or maple syrup.