ohh no, your cart is empty, checkout some great recommendations below!
Quality Assurance Manager
What can Bakerly Offer me?
What a wonderful and important question! Besides the obvious paycheck, Bakerly Barn can offer you:
- A $500 sign on bonus
- Annual cost of living increases
- 9 Company Holidays per year
- Two additional PTO days for Marriage
- Two Additional PTO Days for Newborn
- Long Term Opportunities for advancement
- Paid half hour lunches – though we know you’ll miss us; it gives you more time doing whatever you love outside of work!
- 12 PTO Days for your First Year 17 PTO Days Second Year
- Free Medical, Dental & Vision for Employee Only Coverage Level …or Free Dental & Vision for Kids under Family Coverage Level
- 2% Employer Company 401(k) MATCH
- Employee referral bonus of up to $500 – you are going to want to tell all your friends about us!
- Life insurance and long-term disability policies paid for by us.
- Game area in breakroom
- Free Bakerly products and 40% discount (Yum!)
Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for devising the company’s quality system in relation to the Industrial Director. It will include the implementation of the good manufacturing practices (GMP), the hygiene measures to be respected and the general procedures to be established on site to guarantee the traceability of our raw materials and finished products. The Quality Assurance Manager is the main contact for customers regarding products quality, and will ensure the delivery of healthy products of high quality and conform to the regulation in force.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Defines and drafts Bakerly’s general quality policy of the company writing the quality commitment and the procedures to be set up and to live on the site
· Ensures Bakerly’s quality system updating and its implementation on the site
· Proposes areas for improvement of the quality system
· Ensures the implementation and updating of certification standards by assisting the site in the preparation and the conduct of audits and action plans construction
· Ensures customer’s file tracking, answers customers complaint, verifies compliance labelling on packaging
· Participates to the drafting of tender documents offer
· Ensures the following of customer’s audits and corrective action plans with the site
· Guarantees the implementation of customer’s specification on the site
· Permanently listen to customers in order to provide products and services optimizations
· Guarantees the regulatory watch on hygiene, GMP, ingredients and labeling
· Defines the rules and procedures for the referencing of raw material suppliers
· Carries out the follow-up and the evaluation of the suppliers in terms of quality
· Performs suppliers’ audits for the main raw materials
· Ensures the implementation of physical, chemical and bacteriological control plan for raw materials, semi-finished and finished products. Performs the interpretation and monitoring of the results
· Sets up ascending and descending traceability for raw materials and finished products and keeps it in good working order
· Defines and maintains the HACCP plans. Ensures the implementation of preventive and corrective actions
· Sets up and maintains the documentation system on the site
· Define, implement and follow NO-GE practices to meet SGS NO-GE Ingredients Supply Chain Process Verification Standard; Obtain and Maintain Certification
· Define, implement and follow ORGANIC practices to meet QAI(NSF) Verification Standard; Obtain and Maintain Certification
· Manages nonconformities on finished products and raw materials, analyses the malfunctions and provides accurate action plans
· Ensures that the corrective actions are carried out on time
· Defines the relevant indicators to be followed (customer’s complaints, products contamination, conformity of internal audits…) and their objectives
· Analyses variances to the goal, proposes and follows up corrective action plans
· Sets up the definition and development of new products under the responsibility of industrial director ensuring compliance to procedures and HACCP
· Ensures a scientific and technical watch to be able to provide new solutions (process, ingredients) for the future and continuous improvement
· Provides scientific and technical approach to the technical, commercial and marketing people
Job Qualification Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in science or Management, or equivalent work experience
· Minimum of 5 years of food processing and quality experience
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management position in a food manufacturing environment
· HACCP certification A+
· Strong knowledge of FDA and USDA regulations and laws
· Strong knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principles, GFSI/BRC/SQF, GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs, Pest Control, Kosher, ORGANIC and Allergen Control programs)
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
· Flexibility to work overtime if needed, and good attendance
· Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 lbs.
· Strong knowledge of laboratory equipment, GMP, HACCP, SQF or other GFSI schemes
· Background in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Quality Assistant is the Backup when the Quality Assurance Manager is absent.