accounts payable assistant
bakerly, a family-owned company, is proud to be home to one of the fastest growing brands in the US food industry! We are a baked goods manufacturer that places an emphasis on absolutely delicious, premium and authentic recipes that use only the very best ingredients.
Our state-of-the-art production facility is located in Easton, PA and our Corporate Sales office is located in Miami, FL!
Please visit our website to learn more about our delicious French crêpes, golden croissants, fluffy pancakes and our large range of outstanding French brioches.
bakerly’s Philosophy is simple: “Companies don’t succeed, people do!” so let’s “Work Hard, Play Hard!”
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our growing Accounting Team!! This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and Accounting Manager.
Accounts Payable Assistant – Job Description:
- Regularly monitor accounting email box to handle incoming emails and flag those for others in the department.
- Receive and process invoices for assigned vendors – via email, portals, mail, etc.
- Send invoices for proper approval.
- Monitor Dropbox for pending and approved invoices and process accordingly.
- Enter all invoices and expense reports in QuickBooks.
- Filing of AP documents – invoices, bill payments, statements, W-9s, and vendor banking details.
- Prepare/mail payments – match check stubs to invoices to verify accuracy of payments, stuff checks into envelopes.
- Reconcile vendor statements to request missing invoices and provide payment detail to vendors.
- Request W-9s from new vendors and set up in QuickBooks.
- Upkeep of AP documentation and processes.
- Collect and organize credit card receipts and enter transactions in QuickBooks as well as follow up with employees when support for expenditures is required.
- Upkeep of AP filing cabinets – creating new vendor folders, etc.
- Running Reports – Monthly Gross Sales, Freight, Barn expenses, etc.
- Assist with providing details of accounts as requested by team members – Quickbooks reports and copies of invoices.
- Work with team members to help maintain the most recent copies of administrative and vendor supply agreements.
- Follow up with vendors when invoice discrepancies are identified.
- Work with the Accounts Payable Manager to help improve administrative processes, flow of invoices received and sent for approval as well as overall department organization.
- Weekly/monthly reviews – follow up on pending invoices, request missing documentation, reconcile Open AP folder to QuickBooks, etc.
- Calculate logistics accrual at month end.
- Work with other team members on special projects as assigned and time permits.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and highly organized. An ability to multi-task will be essential as work will be performed in conjunction with all levels of our manufacturing team members as well as our sales and logistics team. If your job search requires a positive environment with team support along with free French pastries, you’ve just been matched!