bakerly, a family-owned company, is proud to be home to one of the fastest growing brands in the US food industry! We are a baked goods manufacturer that places an emphasis on absolutely delicious, premium and authentic recipes that use only the very best ingredients.
Our state-of-the-art production facility is located in Easton, PA and our Corporate Sales office is located in Miami, FL!
Please visit our website to learn more about our delicious French crêpes, golden croissants, fluffy pancakes and our large range of outstanding French brioches.
bakerly’s Philosophy is simple: “Companies don’t succeed, people do!” so let’s “Work Hard, Play Hard!”
The Baker is the first and most important team member of manufacturing process. Her/his responsibilities require precision and consistent execution of batch making, quality in product, and documentation of products preparation before it is delivered to the next process. The baker will maintain accuracy in documentation, as well as ingredients both manual and automated to ensure quality of dough is not compromised. Baker will participate in R&D trialing to develop and enhance the product quality. The baker is also responsible for maintaining a clean work environment that includes but is NOT limited to the daily task sheet as well as the master sanitation list. The baker will ensure timeliness to, from, and during production hours.
Baker – Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Ensures traceability and accuracy through precise documentation
- Maintains streamline communication with process downstream to manage and maintain quality of ingredients in batching area (line stops, deviations, etc.)
- Keeps constant contact with material handler to ensure that required materials are not depleted causing downtime
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness in mixing period to ensure quality of dough is not compromised
- Operator will maintain proper judgement of dough quality to prevent downstream failure in product
- Maintain a clean, organized, and labeled work environment
- OSHA regulations compliant
- Proper PPE and attire always when on the floor
- Adhere to GMP’s to and from the production floor; including but not limited to handwashing, sanitizing, no food, candy, cough drops, chewing tobacco on the floor, harinets, beardnets, and Bakerly attire on the production floor.
- Uphold SQF standards; this includes but is not limited to maintaining accuracy in Lot numbers and are easily visible, organized tooling, and an overall clean and organized workspace
- Report ALL quality and safety concerns to reporting manager or member of management team not limited but including; unknown visitors, pest control, expiration or production quality in question, sanitation, etc.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food processing environment preferred
- Adequate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to operate machinery, multi-task, interpret and follow precise instructions
- Complete tasks promptly and carefully
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities
- Continuously observe and evaluate operations to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement
- Comply with FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies while complying with good manufacturing practices
- Must have ability to interpret and follow a recipe and procedures
- Interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Understands and is willing to help where required both within the department as well as outside; as an ever-growing operation, the flexibility of employees is necessary to ensure the overall development of the business continues.
If your job search requires a positive environment with team support along with free French pastries, you’ve just been matched!