About our company:
bakerly, a happy family-owned company, is proud to be one of the fastest growing brands in the US food industry! We are a French baked goods manufacturer and take pride in creating delicious, premium and authentic recipes, using only the very best ingredients. We have offices located in Miami and Brooklyn, and have a new state-of-the-art production facility in Easton, PA, all of which will make you feel right at home!
We are looking for talented and passionate people who will share our energy, enthusiasm and bakerly ‘savoir-faire’.
bakerly is currently seeking for a full-time Corporate Quality Coordinator to work on corporate food compliance within the Marketing Team.
This motivated person will report to the Product Development and Innovation Manager and will work closely with the Marketing team, Plant team and Sales team to act as a liaison between the Marketing team and Plant teams, ensure compliance on food labeling and assist with quality and food safety documentation requirements.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Maintain all product related specifications
- Translate specifications into FDA-regulated ingredient statements / nutrition facts
- Create and maintain all product ingredient and nutritional specifications
- Product Expert – maintain a library of knowledge on:
- Products across all brands
- Product specifications [ingredients/nutrition facts]
- Production location
- Support to the Sales / Marketing Team
- Update all teams on product updates and communicate with Marketing when updates on packaging are needed
- Fill out client forms with the assistance of the facilities regarding product information (recall plans, allergen protocols, HACCP plans, etc)
- Review artwork/documentation for Quality and Regulatory related information
- Ensure artwork is up to spec with FDA regulations
- Review specification sheets and sell sheets for Sales / Marketing teams
- Manage Customer Complaints / Quality Related Questions
- Responsible for all complaints / quality related questions
- Track and follow up on complaint investigations
- Analyze and report complaints on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Documentation management
- Manage facility related documentation regarding audits and registration
- Conduct research on various compliance subjects, including research on:
- Ingredients compliance research
- Quality / FDA rules and regulations
Job Qualification Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in Food Quality / Food Regulatory / Food Safety, ideally within a CPG company
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in Food Science / Science
- Attentive to detail and time management
- Sense of urgency, adaptability and drive
- Organized, persistent and process-oriented
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Quick learner, self-starter and always willing to take on more
- Excellent stakeholder communication
- Skills in MS Office - Excel & Powerpoint
- Open to travel (<15%)
While the company is still working remotely, this position will be remote. Once the office opens, position will be in Coral Gables full-time.
In return, we offer:
- A path towards an extremely rewarding career
- We believe that “Companies don’t succeed, people do!” so let’s “Work Hard, Play hard!
- Excellent company culture
- Competitive health benefits, PTO
- Retirement plan