bakerly, a family-owned company, is proud to be home to one of the fastest growing brands in the US food industry! We are a baked goods manufacturer that places an emphasis on absolutely delicious, premium and authentic recipes that use only the very best ingredients.
Our state-of-the-art production facility is located in Easton, PA and our Corporate Sales office is located in Miami, FL!
Please visit our website to learn more about our delicious French crêpes, golden croissants, fluffy pancakes and our large range of outstanding French brioches.
bakerly’s Philosophy is simple: “Companies don’t succeed, people do!” so let’s “Work Hard, Play Hard!”
The kemper operator(s) are responsible for the 2nd phase of the production process that encompasses the portioning and molding of the product. Job details include but are NOT limited to adjustments of kemper equipment to ensure proper portion, weight control, shaping quality, alignment of deposit, as well as maintaining accuracy of changeover of recipes and equipment to align with production schedule. Operator(s) will be responsible for sanitation that includes but is NOT limited to daily task sheet as well as master sanitation log.
Kemper – Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Accurate documentation.
- Highly motivated in correcting deviations and improving product quality from portioning to deposition.
- Maintain and adhere to recipe changes, perform changeovers, and maintain accuracy of product being ran.
- Work with maintenance to report any noticeable issues with equipment to ensure product and equipment quality remains strong.
- Strong communication skills with baker and line conductor to ensure line effectiveness.
- Proper PPE and attire at all times when on the floor; this includes but is not limited to hairnets, beardnets, safety shoes, employee uniform.
- Adhere to GMP’s to and from the production floor; this includes but is not limited to handwashing, sanitizing, no food, gum, candy, tobacco, cough drops on the floor.
- Uphold SQF and Food Safety practices; this includes but is not limited to easily read Lot numbers, organized tooling and equipment, and maintaining an overall clean and organized workspace.
- Report ALL quality and safety concerns to reporting manager or member of management team not limited but including; unknown visitors, pest control, expiration or production quality in question, sanitation, etc.
- Operator(s) are required to rotate positionally within the kemper area in order to maintain sound knowledge and understanding of operations, as well as to comply with ergonomic standards. Best Practice is to rotate no more than every 4hrs.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in food processing environment preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year work experience in bakery or similar preferred.
- High school diploma.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to operate machinery, multi-task, interpret and follow precise instructions.
- Complete tasks promptly and carefully.
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly.
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities.
- Continuously observe and evaluate operations to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies while complying with good manufacturing practices.
- Must have ability to interpret and follow policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking regularly and efficiently.
- Is flexible to assist both in and out of the department to accommodate the development and needs of the overall business.
If your job search requires a positive environment with team support along with free French pastries, you’ve just been matched!