ohh no, your cart is empty, checkout some great recommendations below!
Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Project Technician will be working on technical projects and will be part of the engineering team. The Project Technician will assist the Project Engineer to reach the goals of the engineering projects. The Project Technician will lead and organize technical tasks provided by the Project Engineer. The Project Technician reports to the Project Engineer.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Understand the needs and the technical specifications written by the Project Engineer.
- Conduct and organize technical tasks provided by the Project Engineer.
- Follow up the implementation of equipment and processes installation with the external contractors (European and /or American) and/ or internal crew.
- The Project Technician will work with the Project Engineer to solve some strategic issues.
- Participate to the training of the operators and technicians and help with comprehension and utilization of equipment, definition of the operating procedures and equipment settings.
- Propose process and equipment optimizations in order to improve quality of products, safety, generate cost savings, increase global productivity and efficiency of the lines.
- Enhance and share knowledge through working with other technicians and engineers.
- Develop and maintain quality and safety standards.
- Provide technical advice to all company personnel and customer or potential customers as required.
- Conduct root cause analysis and put corrective actions in place to ensure that the future work is completed to industry standards.
- Provide the Project Engineer all the technical information in order to achieve the company goals.
Job Qualification Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required in Electrical and Mechanical technology or industrial engineering.
- Education and/or experience with industrial electricity, automation control and mechanical repairs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in industrial/mechanical engineering or maintenance.
- Significant hands-on experience with industrial equipment would be a plus.
- Experience in food processing industry would be a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Force of proposal, work independently, think creatively, analytically, and meticulously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience with technical software (AutoCAD) would be a plus.
- Able to work closely with foreign suppliers.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to accurate judgment, ability to explain reasoning for decisions and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Good problem-solving abilities and result-oriented, and works well with short timelines and multiple tasks.
- Always lead by examples (no safety violations, use proper Personal Property Equipment, show up to work on time).
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, and around machinery and chemicals.
The Project Engineer is the Backups when the Project Technician is absent.