bakerly, a family-owned company, is proud to be home to one of the fastest growing brands in the US food industry! We are a baked goods manufacturer that places an emphasis on absolutely delicious, premium and authentic recipes that use only the very best ingredients.
Our state-of-the-art production facility is located in Easton, PA and our Corporate Sales office is located in Miami, FL!
Please visit our website to learn more about our delicious French crêpes, golden croissants, fluffy pancakes and our large range of outstanding French brioches.
bakerly’s Philosophy is simple: “Companies don’t succeed, people do!” so let’s “Work Hard, Play Hard!”
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for supporting the quality assurance and food safety programs. Responsibilities include monitoring, documenting and enforcing policies. The technician will communicate food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring. The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
The Quality Assurance Technician – Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage traceability and HACCP documentation.
- Assist in maintaining environmental testing program. Complete necessary microbiological testing as required for HACCP verification and validation
- Perform product sampling, microbiological, and qualitative testing.
- Perform monitoring swabs after sanitation inspection.
- Perform shelf life studies and assist with R&D trials as necessary.
- Perform QA/Process line monitoring, corrective actions, and continuous GMP inspection.
- Assist in reviewing paperwork for accuracy and compliance to all food safety and quality programs.
- Perform document control activities.
- Supervising overall plant and product quality by conducting and/or evaluating various product tests (CCPs, Foreign Material Control, Allergen Control, etc.), and operational procedures to meet product, food safety, and quality specifications.
- Perform various miscellaneous and non-standard duties as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process.
- Assist in initiating and communicating process improvements that promote efficiency in operations, food safety, and quality.
- Troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective action when deviations occur.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Background in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field.
- 1 - 3 years related food manufacturing experience.
- Ability to assess risk and make decisions under pressure in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- HACCP certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principles, GFSI/BRC/SQF, GMPs, SOPs, Pest Control, Kosher, and Allergen Control programs).
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must have flexibility to work overtime if needed.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must have good time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 lbs.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, GMP, HACCP, SQF or other GFSI schemes a plus.
- The Quality Assistant is the Backup when the Assurance Quality Technician(s) is absent.
If your job search requires a positive environment with team support along with free French pastries, you’ve just been matched!