ohh no, your cart is empty, checkout some great recommendations below!
4 to 6 people
- 2-3 bakerly soft brioche baguettes
- 1 3/4 cup of eggnog
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- For the streusel 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- For the glaze use 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of eggnog
- First, you're going to cut your brioche bread into 1″ thick cubes and arrange in a in an oven dish that fits the quantity.
- Then, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggnog, eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Pour the mix over top of the soft brioche baguette until completely covered.
- Now, you want to cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 3 hours so that it soaks properly.
- While you let the dish soak, it's time to make the streusel (crumble) topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Then you want to cut in the butter using a pastry blender or a fork. It can be made the night before and refrigerated as well.
- The next morning or 3 hours later, remove the dish from the refrigerator, sprinkle with the streusel and chopped almonds and bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes, or until the dish looks no longer soggy.
- The last part is to make the glaze while it bakes. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and eggnog. Drizzle over the French toast and serve, preferably warm.
- The final step is of course to enjoooy! Happy holidays!