Prep time5 mins
Cook time45 mins
What says "je t'aime" more than a delicious brie burger topped with buttery brioche burger buns! Prepare this for a romantic Valentine's dinner and we guarantee your date will fall in love one bite at a time!
- 2 bakerly brioche burger buns
- 2 ground beef patties
- 1 onion, caramelized
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 - 6 slices briecheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup water or broth
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with foil. If using, line a wire rack on your baking sheet. Lay bacon in a single layer onto the baking sheet or cooling rack, making sure not to overlap.
- Bake bacon until your desired crispness, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
- On a skillet, add butter and sliced onions over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and stir the onions every 2-3 minutes, allowing them to caramelize on the bottom in between stirring. Slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of water or broth to rehydrate the onions.
- Cover and allow to cook for 45 minutes. Every few minutes uncover to continue stirring and adding broth.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side and season with salt and pepper.
- During the last couple of minutes, add the brie cheese slices on top of to the burgers and cover to allow to melt. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes prior to eating.
- Top each bakerly brioche burger bun with dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and then a perfectly grilled and juicy hamburger. Top each burger with caramelized onions, bacon, arugula, and the top of your bakerly brioche burger bun.
- The last step is to enjoy, bon appétit!