Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
Serves: 4 people
- 5 bakerly brioche rolls
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana (or 2 smalls if you are a banana lover)
- ½ cup of fresh or thawed blueberries
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Let’s get it started: set your oven to low broil.
- Cut your brioche rolls into small cubes, align them on a baking tray and place it in the oven for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Let the brioche croutons sit for around 10 minutes to let them harden.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 325˚F.
- Once the brioche cubes are nice and crunchy, put them in a large bowl, add the milk, and set aside, always making sure to stir the mixture every now and then to ensure all the brioche cubes absorb the milk.
- In another bowl, mash your banana, add the sugar, a beaten egg, the vanilla extract and the spices.
- Once the brioche rolls absorbed all the milk (around 10 minutes), gently add the brioche to the banana mixture.
- Add the blueberries and pour the mixture in a small non-stick dish.
- Place the dish in your oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, let it cool down, top it off with some fresh fruits (bananas, blueberries or else) and serve. Bon appétit!