Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 3 people
- 6 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 1 rasher of bacon, finely diced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1 tps olive oil
- 2 regular size eggs
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese
- 2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- oil spray
- Let’s get it started: Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Then heat 1 tsp olive oil in small pan over high heat. Add onion, bacon and sauté until bacon is crisp (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut bread into rounds with a cookie cutter or a tuna/tomato can (emptied and washed).Use a rolling pin to flatten the sliced brioche.
- Lightly spray 6 muffin tin holes with oil spray, then press the sliced brioche into the muffin tin.
- Place in oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. They should look a little golden.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the bacon mixture between the 6 toast cups, then the cheese.
- Pour 2 1/2 tbsp of egg mixture into each cup, then immediately place in the oven.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra parsley if desired.
- The last step is to enjoooy! Bon Appétit!