quiche toast cups
Prep time10 min
Cook time15 min
If you are looking for a breakfast or brunch delight, this recipe is for you. These quiche toast cups are super savory and decadent. The sharp, nutty flavor of the Gruyere, the smokiness of the bacon, the yumminess of the veggies and the richness of our sliced brioche make a heavenly combination.
Become in a modern cook master and try it at home. Happiness guaranteed!
- 6 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 1 rasher of bacon, finely diced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- 1 tps olive oil
- 2 regular size eggs
- 1/3 cup Gruyere cheese
- 2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- oil spray
- Let’s get it started: Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Then heat 1 tsp olive oil in small pan over high heat. Add onion, bacon and sauté until bacon is crisp (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut bread into rounds with a cookie cutter or a tuna/tomato can (emptied and washed).Use a rolling pin to flatten the sliced brioche.
- Lightly spray 6 muffin tin holes with oil spray, then press the sliced brioche into the muffin tin.
- Place in oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. They should look a little golden.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the bacon mixture between the 6 toast cups, then the cheese.
- Pour 2 1/2 tbsp of egg mixture into each cup, then immediately place in the oven.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra parsley if desired.
- The last step is to enjoooy! Bon Appétit!