banana chocolate gratin
Prep time20 minutes
Cook time50 minutes
French brioche bread, bananas, chocolate, vanilla...How can you go wrong with any of these?! Well, maybe you can (we don't know how, though). What we do know is that this banana chocolate gratin recipe is très bien! For your French lesson of the day, that means "very good." Try it with a cup of coffee and you may find yourself on a stairway to heaven.
- 1 bakerly hand braided brioche
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 packets vanilla sugar
- 4 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 7 tablespoons dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 360/390 degrees. Butter a gratin dish then cut the brioche into slices and cut each slice into 4 pieces. Peel and cut the bananas into strips.
- In a large bowl, stir eggs, sugar, and salt until the mixture is homogeneous and add milk. Add the pieces of brioche and the banana slices then mix.
- Set aside 10 to 15 minutes, stirring gently from time to time. Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- To finish, pour the mixture into the buttered gratin dish and put in the oven for 50 minutes. Serve warm... Yummm delicious!