ohh no, your cart is empty, checkout some great recommendations below!
Prep time: 30-45 minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 2 slices of bakerly sliced brioche
- 6 cherry/grape tomatoes sliced in quarters
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinaigrette to marinate the tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of creamy tomato vinaigrette
- 4 leaves of fresh basil
- 2 slices of mozzarella di bufala
- First off, you want to marinate the quartered tomatoes in the red wine vinaigrette. What is it you ask? Well it's 1/3 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 1/2 a garlic clove minced, 1 fresh basil leaf sliced into thin ribbons, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground pepper if that's your thing. Mix all of that in a bowl and use 2 tablespoons for this recipe. (you will have some vinaigrette left over for next time)
- Then, you want to toast two slices (or more) of buttery sliced brioche.
- On one side of the toast, spread 1 tablespoon of creamy tomato vinaigrette. How do you make this vinaigrette? Here's what you need: 6 ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1-1/2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, 2-1/2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar, 1/4 of a garlic clove, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1 fresh basil leaf, 6 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of freshly grounded pepper. In a blender, mix all ingredients except the salt and pepper. (you will have some vinaigrette left over for next time)
- On top of this creamy tomato spread, place your marinated tomato quarters and add 4 fresh basil leaves on top.
- Cover the whole with the mozzarella slices and top it all off with another slice of sliced brioche.
- Your sandwich is ready to be savored.
- The last step is to enjoooy!