Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6 people
We all know how delicious French toasts can be on a fall Sunday morning, but how about brioche hot dog bun French toasts? Have you ever thought of that? If you haven't, today is the day! They're made with our delicious brioche hot dog buns and a lot of love. Here's the recipe.
- 6 bakerly hot dog buns
- 4 large brown eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- a pinch of salt, cinnamon & nutmeg
- whipped cream to your liking
- a cup of strawberries cut in quarters
- a cup of blueberries
- First of all, in a large bowl you're going to whisk the eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. Set aside when the mixture is ready.
- Set a frying pan to heat (on medium heat) and butter it up so it doesn't stick.
- Taking one hot dog bun at a time, open it making sure the two halves do not break apart. Dip the bun into the mixture about 3 seconds on each side. Place the bun in the pan inside part first. Wait until it gets goldish and flip it. When ready, set aside on a plate to cool down. Repeat this step with the other buns.
- This step is about decorating the French hot dog bun toasts. Once each bun has cooled down, put whipped cream on the inside of each bun and top with the fruits.
- The final step is to enjoooy!