brie, fig & apple sliced brioche sandwich
Prep time10 minutes
Cook time6 minutes
Putting these ingredients on sliced brioche is the best treatment for your taste buds. The caramelized onions really bring out the cheesy taste of brie and having all of this layered up on fig jam, makes the whole sandwich very tasty.
- 4 slices of bakerly sliced brioche
- 3 oz. of brie cheese
- 2 tbsp of butter for brushing the brioche
- 4 tbsp of fig jam
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of baby arugula
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- First of all, take out a large skillet. In the tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize the sliced onions. Stir them occasionally and set them aside once they're ready.
- The second step is to butter the outside of each slice of brioche bread. On the inside of each slice of sliced brioche spread the fig jam. Once the fig jam is spread, layer up the other ingredients. First the brie slices, then the apple slices; covered with caramelized onions and finally the baby arugula. Cover with the top slice of brioche bread and get ready to melt the cheese!
- In this final step, you will "toast" each side of the sandwich for a good 2-3 minutes over low heat in a skillet. When each side is goldish/brown you can serve immediately.
- Now you can enjoooy!