Prep time10 mins
Cook time30 mins
Serves6 - 12 people
Surprise your family with a twist on the traditional stuffing recipe with these delicious brioche rolls stuffing baked inside an apple. They make for the best Thanksgiving dinner side dish, striking the perfect balance between sweet and salty. This recipe will add a fun and yummy spin on the traditional stuffing, plus they are so easy to make!
- 1 bag of bakerly brioche rolls
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 1/4 cup water or chicken/vegetable broth
- 6-12 large apples
- Heat the oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery. Cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cut bakerly brioche rolls into small cubes, season with salt & pepper, and lightly toast.
- In a large bowl add the water or broth and stir evenly the mixture with the cubed brioche rolls. Feel free to add a little more broth if needed. Set the mix aside.
- Prepare the apples: Slice the very top of the apples off. Use a spoon to carefully scoop out the entire core of the apple. Repeat this for every apple.
- Spoon stuffing into the apples and place in a high sided baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until the apples are softened. If you don't want the stuffing to brown, cover the dish while baking.
- The last step is to enjoy. Bon appétit!