Prep time10 mins
Cook time20 mins
Who else wants a bite of this buttery churro French toast? Take your brunch game up a notch with this yummy sliced brioche recipe! French Toast and good weather can really make anyone’s morning.
- 6 slices of bakerly sliced brioche
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups of 2% milk
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso instant powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- In a bowl make the “churro” mixture by combining sugars, espresso powder and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Beat together eggs, milk, salt, vanilla, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon of churro mixture and vanilla extract.
- Heat a pan on medium high and dunk each slice of brioche in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place butter in pan and cook sliced brioche on both sides until golden.
- Carefully place the brioche toast on the “churro mixture” and dunk in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Serve and top with powdered sugar and fruit of choice.
- The last step is to enjoy, bon appétit!