Prep time35 min
Cook time25 min
Planning a special meal for this weekend? We’re soup-er excited to share with you this delicious, gourmet and easy to prepare recipe, cream of mushroom brioche bread bowl soup! Made with bakerly buttery and tasty brioche dinner rolls and pantry ingredients.
The end result is absolutely perfect and will take your soup for dinner experience to another level!
- 1 pack of bakerly brioche dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- To make the brioche bread bowls: carefully cut a circle into the top of each dinner roll, then remove the bread from inside, using your fingers to hollow out the inside of the roll. Is an 8 pack, so you decide how many bread bowls you want to serve.
- Arrange the bread bowls on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil, and bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the cream of mushroom soup: in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium high heat, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and 1 can broth until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Stir in remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, stir in cream. Simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into bread bowls. Garnish with Parmesan flakes et voila!
- The last step is to enjoooy. Bon appétit!