ohh no, your cart is empty, checkout some great recommendations below!
- 1 pack of bakerly brioche rolls
- 5-10 cheese slices
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large pot add the butter, onion, and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes to allow the onions to become soft and translucent.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree and let it cook for 3 minutes with the onion/garlic mixture. Whisk in the chicken broth and spices. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Give it a taste to see if needs more salt and pepper.
- Make the brioche rolls croutons: While the soup cools make the grilled cheese croutons. Heat a pan over medium heat. Spread butter to the outside of 2 slices bakerly brioche rolls.
- Place one of the slices of brioche rolls into the pan. Top with a few slices of cheese. Then, top with the other slice of bread with the butter side on top. Cover with a lid, cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and the outside is crispy.
- Remove from the pan and cut into bite size pieces. Spoon the soup into a bowl and top with the croutons.
- The last step is to enjoy. Bon appétit!