Prep time15 min
Cook time30 min
This yummy egg in a hole bake is a perfect breakfast to make for meal prep, a big family breakfast, or a brunch with friends. Our delicious brioche dinner rolls are filled with cheese, bacon, eggs, and green onions. It will quickly become a favorite breakfast dish in your home. Bon appétit!
- 12 bakerly brioche dinner rolls
- 12 eggs
- 6 pieces of bacon
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup green onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half and fry the bacon on the stove for about 5 minutes on each side, until it just starts to curl, and set aside.
- Grease the inside of a glass 9×13 dish with nonstick spray and place the 12 dinner rolls in the dish.
- Cut a circle around the top of each roll using a knife and scoop out the middle of the buns to leave only a thin layer of bun left of the bottom.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl, with a pastry brush, brush it in the center of each of the buns, and add 1 tbsp of shredded cheddar cheese into each bun.
- Add one slice of partly cooked bacon into each bun, using your fingers to press down on the bacon to make more room for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each roll and sprinkle the raw eggs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Put the eggs buns in the oven for 30 minutes. The whites should be mostly set, but still a little runny, and the yolks should be runny, too.
- Remove the eggs from the oven, sprinkle the chopped green onion over the entire tray. Bon appétit!