Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hour (wait time)
Serves: 2 people
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsps powdered sugar (optional)
- 10 – 15 strawberries, hulled
- 1 small orange, peeled
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled
- For the fruits: Prepare your fruits by hulling the strawberries and peeling the kiwi and orange. Using a paper towel, gently pat the fruits to remove any excess moisture.
- For the whipped cream: Pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl. Using a hand or standing mixer, whisk the whipping cream on medium-high speed until it forms medium peaks. You don’t want your whipped cream to be too runny! If you want lightly sweetened whipped cream, add the powdered sugar at this stage and whisk until incorporated.
- To assemble the sando: Place one piece of brioche down on a plate. Using a spoon or butter knife, spread a layer of whipped cream on the brioche.
- Place the fruit on the whipped cream. You want to choose fruits of the same size so the sando is even in height.
- Add additional whipped cream to fill in any gaps in between the fruits and to cover the fruits.
- Place the second slice of brioche bread on top.
- Prepare plastic wrap, large enough to wrap the sandwich tightly from all four sides.
- Transfer wrapped sandwiches to the fridge and place a plate or baking sheet on top of the sandwiches to weigh them down. This will create a more compact sandwich.
- After the sandwich has chilled for at least an hour, remove sandwiches from the fridge and remove the plastic wrap. Trim off the crust of the bread. Cut the sandwich in half diagonally with a CLEAN knife to expose the beautiful arrangement of fruits!
- The last step is to enjoooy! Bon appétit!