chicken fajita sliders
Prep time20 min
Cook time10 min
Looking to impress your loved ones with an extra special, easy and delicious summer recipe? Well this chicken fajita sliders are just that. All you need is chicken, bell pepper, onion, lime juice and spices, plus the best part: our mouthwatering, soft and golden brioche dinner rolls. You can’t beat this family favorite recipe… We guarantee you a smile with every bite!
- 8 bakerly brioche dinner rolls
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lime squeezed
- 150g sharp white cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Let’s get it started: preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and cilantro and mix together. Add the chicken breasts and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the skillet. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Add the sliced peppers and sliced onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Slice the bakerly brioche dinner rolls and place the bottoms in an 11"x7" pan and top with the chicken.
- Top with pepper and onion mixture and layer with cheddar cheese.
- Place tops of dinner rolls over chicken and cover with tin foil and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- The last step is to enjoooy! Bon Appétit!