Prep time20 mins
Cook time20 mins
This grilled pesto chicken sandwich on sliced brioche is everything you ‘avo’ wanted! Try bakerly’s delicious take on a gourmet, bistro-inspired favorite with sliced brioche bread, tasty pesto sauce, juicy grilled chicken breast, melted smoked mozzarella cheese, creamy avocado and fresh arugula greens for lots of bright, bold flavors!
- 4 slices of bakerly sliced brioche
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise to create 4 thinner cutlets
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced or grated
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 tablespoons of pesto
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup sprouts
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Marinate chicken breasts in a large bowl with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, pinches of salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and toss to coat. Allow chicken to marinate for 20 minutes.
- To grill the chicken, place your cutlets over medium-high heat, and grill for about 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden. Rest chicken for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Take 4 slices of bakerly sliced brioche and lightly toast on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble the pesto grilled chicken sandwiches, generously spread pesto sauce onto both the bottom and top pieces of the sliced brioche bread, then place your grilled chicken slices onto the bottom piece of bread.
- Top the grilled chicken with arugula, avocado slices and sprouts.
- The last step is to enjoy, bon appétit!