Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of unsweetened almond milk for the pears
- 1 tsp of coconut oil for the pears
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp of raw brown sugar for the pears
- 2 sprinkles of powdered cinnamon
- 2 sprinkles of nutmeg
- 1 handful of almonds optional
- Maple syrup optional
- First off, you will need to caramelize the pears. In a pan, let the sugar, coconut oil and almond milk melt slowly to give it that caramelized texture. Add the slices of pear and let them sit for a bit on each side (about 5 minutes total).
- Once the pears are caramelized, set them aside and prepare the batter for the french toasts. In a bowl mix 1/3 of a cup of unsweetened almond milk, an egg, and the sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- When the batter is properly whisked, grease the pan with coconut oil or butter and make your toasts.
- Dip the sliced brioche in the batter on one side then the other. Let it golden in the pan for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the previous step for the other three slices.
- The last step is to gracefully enjoooy!