breakfast · dessert · the sliced brioche · 2 comments ·
pear almond French sliced brioche toasts
Prep time15 minutes
Cook time5-10 minutes
Hello foodies! Here is a new recipe for your cookbook featuring another of bakerly‘s famous French brioche products. In this one we used our buttery sliced brioche but you can also use the homemade hand braided, it will be as delicious! Here’s the recipe, let us know what you think!
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of unsweetened almond milk for the pears
- 1 tsp of coconut oil for the pears
- 1 pear
- 1 tbsp of raw brown sugar for the pears
- 2 sprinkles of powdered cinnamon
- 2 sprinkles of nutmeg
- 1 handful of almonds optional
- Maple syrup optional
- First off, you will need to caramelize the pears. In a pan, let the sugar, coconut oil and almond milk melt slowly to give it that caramelized texture. Add the slices of pear and let them sit for a bit on each side (about 5 minutes total).
- Once the pears are caramelized, set them aside and prepare the batter for the french toasts. In a bowl mix 1/3 of a cup of unsweetened almond milk, an egg, and the sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- When the batter is properly whisked, grease the pan with coconut oil or butter and make your toasts.
- Dip the sliced brioche in the batter on one side then the other. Let it golden in the pan for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Repeat the previous step for the other three slices.
- The last step is to gracefully enjoooy!