Prep time15 minutes
Cook time5 minutes
A taste of the American South wherever you are! That's what these tasty sandwiches will bring to you. We took the shrimp po boy and put our own spin on it! Instead of breading and frying the shrimp, this recipe calls for the shrimp to be cooked in a pan as a healthier alternative. Best of all, we added our deliciously soft French brioche bread which we think takes this classic over the top! It doesn't have to be Mardi Gras for you to enjoy this superbly flavorful sandwich. All it takes is functional taste buds and delicious dinner rolls!
- 8 bakerly dinner rolls
- 1 lb medium shrimps
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch scallions for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If frozen, thaw the shrimp. You will know it's thawed when you can easily bend the shrimp. Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is ready it will move in the pan easily.
- Cook shrimps in a pan with salt for 4-5 minutes until the shrimps are pink (and there is no gray left). Sprinkle in some salt and pepper while shrimps are cooking, then transfer to a cutting board.
- In a large bowl, mix together celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice, horseradish, paprika and season with salt. Toast dinner rolls to your liking.
- Chop shrimps and add to mayo mixture. Spoon shrimp mixture into toasted brioche and garnish with scallions.