The bakerly ultimate breakfast hot dog
Prep time30 minutes
Cook time20 minutes
Have you been looking for the best breakfast recipe ever? Say no more! Once again, bakerly has got your back. Those Sunday brunches will never be the same. Here's the ultimate breakfast hot dog. It's made with our buttery brioche hot dog buns and some tasty bacon. Of course there's a lot of "garniture" to make it real good, so here's the recipe. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
- 3 bakerly brioche hot dog buns toasted
- 3 eggs
- 3 strips of bacon cut in half
- 3 hot dog sausages
- 3 handfuls of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a medium tomato diced
- 1 potato peeled and thinly sliced
- chives to decorate
- salt & pepper
- some frying oil of your choice
- The first step of this recipe is to fry your thinly sliced potatoes. After having rinsed them in cold water to remove the starch, fry them in a frying pan being careful not to burn yourself with the oil.
- Next, in another frying pan, cook the bacon to your liking, we prefer it when it's really crispy.
- Then, you want to carefully remove the bacon fat from the pan and without rinsing the pan, cook three eggs sunny side up separately.
- Now you want to oven toast your brioche hot dog buns so they become golden.
- While they toast, you can cook the hot dog sausages by following the instructions on the pack. If you want to grill them barbecue style, you can use a panini press once they are cooked.
- When all is ready, you can assemble this ultimate breakfast hot dog! First, you want to lay down the fried potatoes on the bottom part of the bun. On top of them, you will add (approximately) 3 pieces of bacon per bun. Add the sausage, sprinkle with the grated cheese and diced tomatoes and cover with the egg and chives. Add salt and pepper to your liking and serve hot.
- The last step is to enjoooy!