Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
If we know one thing, it’s that good food comes from France! The croque madame is one of the most-loved French foods out there and possibly the best-known French sandwich. We wanted to offer our own spin on this classic and it just adds another layer to croque history! Listen to us now, believe us when you try it!
- 4 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 4 slices emmental
- 2 slices white ham
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 420F.
- Take every slice of bread and spread butter on both sides, then sprinkled a little nutmeg on each side. Place half a slice of ham on the bread.
- Finally, add the emmental slices.
- Close with the second slice of bread and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter a cooking pan, heat over medium heat and fry 2 eggs (be careful not to stick them), add salt and pepper.
- Add an egg on each crust as soon as the slices of bread are ready.