dinner · lunchbox · the sliced brioche ·
Prep time20 minutes
Cook timeNo cooking needed
Think of this recipe as an upgrade to the caprese salad. First, we made it into a sandwich. Then, we added…wait for it…avocado! It sure seems like it’s avocado’s time to shine, so we wanted to take advantage of this shining star with a delicious recipe. What kind of bread should you use? French brioche bread, of course!
- 2 slices bakerly sliced brioche
- 1 avocado small
- 1 tomato small
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 2 leaves fresh basil
- Black pepper
- Lightly toast the bread. meanwhile, smash the pitted avocado and add a little salt and pepper.
- Spread a thick layer of smashed avocado on the warm bread.
- Layer the tomato, cheese, and basil over the avocado.
- Add a hint of pepper on top of the cheese.
- Slice in half, serve yourself a glass of orange juice and enjoy!