Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 2 bakerly brioche burger buns
- 1/2 a large cauliflower head
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and diced
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- paprika, salt and pepper to your liking
- First of all, you're going to preheat the oven at 450 degrees fahrenheit and prepare your baking sheet by laying aluminum foil on it.
- The second step is where you make the aioli. In a food processor, combine the garlic, lemon juice and some salt. Add the roasted peppers and puree until it becomes smooth. After that, add the mayonnaise and puree even more. The consistency of the aioli should be slightly thinner than mayonnaise, if it's not then add more lemon juice.
- In this third step, you'll want to slice the cauliflower, so the slices look like patties. You should be able to get 4 at least (two for each burger). Once sliced, place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and brush each side with olive oil. It should take approximately 10 minutes to roast on each side.
- The fifth step, once the cauliflower is cooked, is to set the oven on grill and toast the buns to your liking.
- This sixth step is to assemble the sandwich. First the aioli on both sides of the buns (top and bottom buns). Then you add the cauliflower, then the tomato slice(s) and finally top it off with some arugula. You can sprinkle with paprika, salt and a bit of pepper and close the sandwich!
- There you have it, the last step is to enjoooy!