Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
Here's the latest and best homemade veggie burger you've ever tasted! The patty has been made entirely from scratch (with beans and plenty of other good things) and goes so well with the tasty brioche burger bun! On the side you can even make a small portion of sautéed potatoes which complements the fresh tomato and arugula in between the brioche.
- 4 bakerly burger bun toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms finely diced
- 15 oz of unsalted black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup of red onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of garlic minced
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to your liking
- Ketchup if you're in the mood
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- First off, in a skillet add some olive oil and slowly cook the mushrooms until they start to soften. At the same time, in a large bowl mash the beans and stir with soy sauce, onions finely chopped, salt, pepper, panko breadcrumbs and the egg. When the mushrooms are cooked, add them to the mix, stir a bit more and create 4 nice patties from the mix!
- Then, on a baking sheet place your patties. Bake at 425 degrees for about 8 minutes, flip them and finish cooking for another 8 minutes!
- Once the patties are done cooking it's time to toast the buns. Place the patties on the bottom half. Add some ketchup (if you're in the mood), slices of tomatoes, onion rings and even arugula! Close the burger with the top bun and serve.
- The last step is of course to enjoooy!