Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Hi everybody! We know, you were all waiting for this week’s recipe. Let’s get right to the point. This recipe is made with our fabulous brioche hot dog buns! However, it’s not a hot dog, it’s a tuna pesto sandwich. A little arugula in between and a hard boiled egg for color. Here’s the recipe, let us know what you think! Happy Friday and happy baking!
- 2 bakerly hot dog buns oven toasted
- 1 egg hard boiled
- 2.5 oz of canned tuna
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- First off, you need to boil the egg. Boil it to your liking, just know that it needs to be put in cold water and be submerged under an inch of it. Boil it on medium-high heat and while you that, toast your brioche hot dog buns.
- Once the buns are toasted, set them aside and prepare the tuna mix. In a bowl mix the pesto, tuna and chopped arugula so that it comes to a nice homogeneous mixture.
- Spread additional pesto to your liking on both sides of the buns and set some arugula leaves on both sides. Add the mix of tuna and pesto to the bottom part of the bun and wait for the egg to finish boiling.
- Once the egg is ready put 2/4 on each bottom bun on top the tuna. Close the buns and call everybody to the table!
- Final step is of course to enjoooy like always. Happy baking!